How easy is it for you to register a lot of people into your Joomla! site? Do you have to do a massive user registration via CSV?
J2MXL - Users Importer
How to use it
Download and install J2XML 3.3.15 or above. Then download, install and enable the plugin Users Importer for J2XML.
Navigate to the Components -> J2XML -> Control Panel screen
Click the Open button to select the CSV file.
Click the Import button.
- New User Registration Group
- The default group that will be applied to New Users.
- Password Reset required
- Setting this option to yes requires the user to reset their password the next time they log into the site.
CSV file format
Download the sample CSV (comma separated values) file.
Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet application, such as Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel. You can use a text editor too.
(Required) For each user you want to add, fill in the name, username, email in the spreadsheet.
(Optional) Fill in the other columns (password | password_clear, groups, requireReset) only if you want. Otherwise, you can leave them blank or you can ommiss it.
password: encrypted password
password_clear: plaintext password
groups: list of group ids in json format. [2,8] for Registered and Super Users.
requireReset: 1|0. If omitted default value is used.
From version 3.7.9, the following fields have been added.
- the group to assign to the user. If you want to use several groups use the groups field or create different columns each with a different id: group.1, group.2, etc. You can use ids or extended text notation.
- field. <field name>:
- user field
- profile. <profile field name>:
- user profile field, as saved in the profile_key field table #__user_profiles For the details of the fields it is possible to refer to the single plugin for the management of the user profile.
For an example, see the User - Password Policy plugin documentation
If both, password and password_clear, are used, the plugin uses the password field. User should change his password at the first access. If neither is used, the plugin creates a random password automatically and the user should reset his password at the first access.
Notification Mail to User
If you don't want an email will be sent to users after importing their user account, you must disable the "Notification Mail to User" option of the plugin "User - Joomla!"
J2XML - Users Importer 3.0.2 
J2XML - Users Importer Plugin 3.7.9 requires J2XML 3.7.192 or above to work properly.
J2XML - Users Importer Plugin 3.0.2 requires J2XML 3.3.15 or above to work properly.
The CSV file must be UTF-8 without BOM encoded.
Check Mail Settings