J2XML is an easy to use import/export solution for your Joomla!® 3 powered website.
It allows you to export content (articles, categories, users, tags, weblinks, viewing access levels, contacts, fields) to an xml file, import them from an xml file, or send them to another Joomla! website.
J2XML 3.7.199 
You can export content from Joomla! 1.5 using J2XML 1.5.
You can export content from Joomla! 2.5 using J2XML 3.3.
Well known bugs
J2XML 3.7.198 does not correctly import featured articles.
The main purpose of J2XML is to share content between different websites on Joomla!. To do this, a feature is made available to export the content to an XML file. A new Export button is added to each content manager for each type of content. So for articles the Export button is added to the Article Manager.
Exporting content is very simple, just select the items you want to export and click on the Export button.
You can export articles by category directly from the category management panel.
- Select whether images will be exported in base64 format.
- Select whether users will be exported.
- Select whether contacts will be exported.
- Select whether export file will be compressed.
J2XML is a web application and as such is sensitive to the limits of the server on which it runs. Mainly limits in terms of memory and execution time. For this reason, if you need to export several articles, it is recommended to disable the export of images and proceed to export via FTP.
- Q: We get The user specified as a definer ('database'@'%') does not exist message when trying to import articles.
- A: Something went wrong. Please try uninstalling and reinstalling J2XML.
- Q: We get XMLRPC protocol disabled message when trying to send articles to another website.
- A: For security reason, the XMLRPC protocol is disabled. You must enable the XMLRPC protocol on the options page on the target website.
- Q: We get Cannot import a super user account message when trying to send articles to another website.
- A: For security reason, the Super users importing procedure is disabled. You must enable the feature on the options page.